if (end == -1) PATTERN OF GRAMMAR

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

PATTERN OF GRAMMAR


Assalam o alaikum welcome to English Language Online today i am going to provide you how to ask permission it is very great structure    

Which form will you speak?         (Asking permission/possibility)                            
He asks his boss if he can have the afternoon off work:
  • I was wondering if I might have the afternoon off work.
He asks a stewardess on the plane if he can visit the pilot’s cabin:
  • I was wondering if I might visit the pilot’s cabin.

AFTER THE FOLLOWING PATTERN USE FIRST FORM OF THE VERB
Will you… / Can you… / Could you possibly… / Would you… / Could you… / I was wondering if you could… / + a suitable verb



Read the interview with attention, because you have to note the grammar written in the paragraph:
  • You must have had to work very hard to get where you are today I am sure.
  • Yes, you are right.  It was very hard at the start.  I wouldn’t have been able to continue as a singer if I hadn’t worked as a postman during the day.  Then as you know, I had a lot of luck.  Without that luck, I might have had to spend the rest of my life delivering letters.
  • That throat operation last year nearly ended your career, didn’t it? You would have had to go back to being a postman again then!
  • I probably wouldn’t have been able to sing properly.  In fact, the doctor wasn’t sure, but he thought I might have had to give up singing completely.
  •  But I understand you were just starting a three moth tour of the States.  You must have had to cancel a lot of shows.
  • We were lucky – the organizers managed to get Michael Jackson to take my place.  Otherwise they would have had to pay back over a million dollars in advance bookings.  I am glad I had the operation, though – you never know, I might have had to abandon the tour in the middle, and then the organizers probably wouldn’t have been able to get someone to take my place.

NOTE THE GRAMMAR AND PATTERN
Hello, is that Mr. Ali?
Usman here.  Look, I’m terribly sorry, but there has been a bit of a problem at the factory.  Yes, and we won’t have your order ready on time, I’m afraid.  We will do our best to send it off by the end of the month

Yes, of course…I understand.  I will make sure there are not any more delays.  I am afraid I won’t be here for the next couple of weeks, I will be on holiday…but don’t worry, Ali will be here and I am sure there won’t be any more problems.

…Well, nice to talk to you.  Perhaps we will be able to meet when I get back.  I am terribly sorry about the delay, again, Goodbye, then.



ONE MORE PATTERN OF GRAMMAR

  • It’d go bad if you left it out of the fridge.
  • I told you you would cut if you weren’t careful!


No comments:

Post a Comment