if (end == -1) Modal verbs lesson Four

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Modal verbs lesson Four

Modal verbs lesson FourModal verbs lesson Four
 
 I am going to teach Modal verbs lesson 4 here I have already taught some modal verbs you check it Modal verbs lesson 3 and stay with us online English language

Definition

We use could have + have + past participleto say that Past possibility – It did not happen, but it could have done

Structure
Sub+ could have + have +3rd form of verb+ object

Example of Could Have
  • Hey, that was dangerous – you could have got killed (= you did not, but it was possible)
  • You could have set fire to yourself.
  • The house could have been burnt down.
  • It could have been broken.
  • We could have had an accident.
  • Couldn’t you have got a lift?  I could have but nobody stopped.
  • Surely you could have phoned a garage.  No, I couldn’t because there was no phone nearby.
  • Couldn’t you have walked to the next village?  No, I couldn’t, because it was too far.
  • Surely you could have changed the wheel yourself! No, I couldn’t, because I didn’t have any tools.
Definition

We use I Wish I Could + Verb  to say that I Wish I Couldimpossible’ wishes

Structure
I +Wish +I+ Could + 1st form of verb+ object
Example of “I Wish I Could”

  1. Someone on a diet – I wish I could eat cakes.
  2. Someone lost their house – I wish I could find my keys.
  3. Students taking an English exam – I wish I could use dictionaries.
  4. Someone whose car won’t start – I wish I could afford a new car.
  5. An unemployed person – I wish I could get a job.
  6. Some people who have just bought a new computer – I wish we could understand the instructions.

English language Tips from author  

      If you want to remove your hesitation and also want to build confident so first start speaking in front of mirror 
Use daily Some English sentence in Urdu Language/ mother language
     Try to make environment 
      Speak English with your friends



Author views

I Am Trying My Best to Give You Best
If You Need Any help You Can Request On This Post I Will help You
I Hope You Like Please Give Your
Feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment