if (end == -1) Short Forms Formal And Informal

Friday, September 26, 2014

Short Forms Formal And Informal

Assalam o alaikum today i am going to Share With you English Grammar Lesson Short Forms Different between Formal And Informal by Sir Tariq
My last topic please check it

HOW TO WRITE A PRECIS




Short Forms
Formal
Informal
Am I
Aint I (non standard)
I am
I’m
Am I not
ain’t I
Is not
Isn’t
Are not
Aren’t
Have not
Haven’t
Has not
Hasn’t
Do not
Don’t
Does not
Doesn’t
Did not
Didn’t
Was not
Wasn’t
Were not
Weren’t
Had not
Hadn’t
Will not
Won’t
Shall not
Shan’t
Should not
Shouldn’t
Must not
Mustn’t
Can not
Can’t
Could not
Couldn’t
Would not
Wouldn’t
Might not
Mightn’t
I will
I’ll
I have
I’ve

Example of formal and informal 
               
Formal

Informal

I would not go there

I’d not go there
I wouldn’t go there
I can not talk to you

I can’t talk to You

It is 2’O clock

It is 2 of the clock
She is not here
She’s  not here (informal)
She isn’t here (informal)

‘d = after would using 1st form
‘d = after had using 3rd form

Exericse
Replace the word ain’t with isn’t , aren’t , haven’t , hasn’t  or am not 

Formal
Ain’t (non standard) Informal

I’m right, am I not

I’m right, aint I

It isn’t 6:30 , it’s 7:30

It ain’t 6:30 , it’s 7:30

He hasn’t come

He ain’t come

Aren’t you coming? No , I’m busy

Ain’t you coming? no, I’m busy

They have not told me

They ain’t told me

He is not at home

He ain’t at home

She hasn’t slept.she’s awoke

She ain’t slept. She’s awoke 

Don’t talk to me like that you are not my boss

Don’t talk to me like that you ain’t my boss

Ali isn’t in karachi. He is in lahore

Ali ain’t in Karachi. He is in Lahore

Hey bud, We are not going  To Sir Tariq

Hey bud , we ain’t going  To Sir Tariq

I am not your boss I am your teacher

I ain’t your boss. I am your teacher





Waring
Please avoid using “ain’t” in your spoken & written english now

you may like it 

English Sentences Lessons (English/Urdu)



Author's view

I hope you have enjoyed this article. If so , I encourage you to subscribed English language online 
byemail

How was my lesson please tell me

If there is any mistake you can tell me
Share my blog with your friends ( mera blog apne dosto k saath share karey)
Remember our short link

www.englishcourse.tk

No comments:

Post a Comment