if (end == -1) dialog vs dialogue about work

Thursday, September 18, 2014

dialog vs dialogue about work

welcome english language online . in this lesson you will learn how to talk its dialog vs dialogue about work
TARIQ'S DAY AT WORK

Tariq works as a manager in a furniture store.
Asim, his boss, is not happy about sales. Tariq's new advertising campaign hasn't helped. Asim
decides to fire him.

Asim: Tariq, I hate to break the news, but our sales were down
again last month.

Tariq: Down again, Asim?

Asim: Yeah. These days, everybody's shopping at our competition,
Honest Abe's Furniture Store.

Tariq: But everything in there costs an arm and a leg!

Asim: That's true. They do charge top dollar.

Tariq: And their salespeople are very strange. They really give
me the creeps!

Asim: Well, they must be doing something right over there.
Meanwhile, we're about to go belly-up.

Tariq: I'm sorry to hear that. I thought my new advertising
campaign would save the day.

Asim: Let's face it: your advertising campaign was a real flop.

Tariq: Well then I'll go back to the drawing board.

Asim: It's too late for that. You're fired!

Tariq: What? You're giving me the ax?

Asim: Yes. I've already found a new manager. She's as sharp
as a tack.

Tariq: Can't we even talk this over? After all, I've been
working here for 10 years!

Asim: There's no point in arguing, Tariq. I've already made up
my mind.

Tariq: Oh well, at least I won't have to put up with your nonsense
anymore! Good-bye to you and good-bye to this
dead-end job.

Asim: Please leave before I lose my temper!

IDIOMS - LESSON 
about to - ready to; on the verge of

EXAMPLE 1: It's a good thing Tariq left the furniture store when he did.
Asim was so angry, he was about to throw a dining room chair at him.

EXAMPLE 2: I'm glad you're finally home. I was just about to have dinner

without you.

Author views 

I Am Trying My Best to Give You Best Books
If You Need Any Book You Can Request On This Post I Will Provide You

I Hope You Like Please Give Your Feedback

If You Like My Collection Please Reply In This Post

No comments:

Post a Comment