if (end == -1) Simple Way To Speak English ~ Can I get you + noun ! Lesson Forty Five

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Simple Way To Speak English ~ Can I get you + noun ! Lesson Forty Five

Simple Way To Speak English - Can I get you + noun! Lesson Forty Five
This is a set phrase that people use when offering drinks to visitors to their home. It sounds polite and friendly, and adults use this phrase with all kinds of guests, from friends to repair people to colleagues.
You can also ask:

Can I get you a coffee?
Kiya main app k liye coffee lao

Can I get you a glass of water?
Kiya main app k liye pani ka glass lao
Can I get you a black tea?
Kiya main app k liye black tea lao
Can I get you a car?
Kiya main app k liye car lao
Can I get you a fish sandwich?
Kiya main app k liye fish sandwich lao

Can I get you a chicken broast?
Kiya main app k liye chiken broast lao

Can I get you a plate of biryani?
Kiya main app k liye biryani ki plate lao
Can I get you anything sir?
Kiya main app k liye aur kuch lao
note
Can I get you something to drink?
Can I get you something to eat?

Can I get you a drink?
The difference between "something to drink" and "a drink" is that "a drink" usually means alcohol, while "something to drink" can mean water, juice, coffee, etc
Assignment
Can I get you a cupcakes?
Can I get you a cup of tea?
Can I get you cookies?
Can I get you a T-shirt?
Can I get you a blanket?
2nd assignment
Make five sentences

Vocabulary of the day
tolerate
Meaning : bardast karna
to accept behaviour and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them:
I will not tolerate that kind of behaviour in my class.
Main class mein es kisam ka rawaiya bardast nehi karo ga
I will not tolerate abuse
Main gali bardast nehi karo ga
Question of the day
who is your favourite personality?
What is your qualification?

No comments:

Post a Comment