if (end == -1) Reflexive Pronouns With explanation Grammar video lesson five

Monday, October 26, 2015

Reflexive Pronouns With explanation Grammar video lesson five

You might already know that reflexive pronouns are a bit different from the other kinds of pronouns.so here is video grammar lesson five Written and recorded by tariq aziz

Shamim Collegiate
Recorded and designing By Tariq 
LA54 block 15 gulshan e Mustafa FB Area Karachi

Defining Reflexive Pronouns

When the subject and object is same, we use reflexive pronoun. We can also use reflexive pronoun when we stress ( dabaoo dalna ya zoor dena) the idea of doing something in a sentence. eg)
myself, yourself, yourselves, ourselves, themselves, himself, herself, itself.
video section
[tab] [content title="Vimeo"][/content] [content title="Tune Pk"][/content] [content title="Dailymotion"][/content] [/tab]

 

Matching Reflexive and Personal Pronouns/Subject Pronouns

Personal Pronoun /Subject Pronoun
Reflexive Pronoun And Intensive Pronoun
I
Myself
You
Yourself
He
Himself
She
Herself
It
Itself
We
Ourselves
They
Themselves
You
Yourselves

Here are examples of all of these reflexive pronouns
If you don’t know what is wrong with yourself, then ask a doctor.
Ager tum khud nehi janty tumhre saath kiya masla hai toh phir doctor se poucho
She bought herself a new purse for her new job.
Us ney apney liye khud naya purse liya apni nayi job k liye

I heard this myself. OR I myself heard this.
Maine yeh khod suna
He cooked the dinner himself. OR He himself cooked the dinner.
Us ney khud raat ka khana bana apne liye banaya

Would you like to help yourself to another drink?
kiya tum apne liye aik aur drink bana pasand karo gai

I wish the children would behave themselves.
meri khwaish hai k bachey achi tarha peesh aye

I saw myself as a famous actor.
imagination ( main aik mashoor actor tha maine dheka)

You should think about yourself.
Tumhey apney barey mein sochna chahye

They prepared themselves for completion.
Woh log apne muqabaly ki tayari kar rahe hai


He bought a car for himself.
Us ney apney liye car kareed li

He locked himself in the room.
Us ney apne app ko kamrey mein band karliya

He who loves only himself is a selfish.
Jo sirf apne app se pyar karta ha wooh matlbi hota hai


Note: Reflexive can also be used to give more emphasis on subject or object. If a reflexive pronoun is used to give more emphasis on a subject or an object, it is called “Intensive Pronoun”..

For example, she herself started to think about herself.

In the above sentence the first “herself” is used as intensive pronoun while the second “herself” is used as reflexive pronoun.
See the following examples of intensive pronouns.

Intensive Pronouns

I myself am sick of the heat.
You yourself are responsible for this mess!
The president himself appeared at the rally.
The actress herself wrote those lines.
The cat itself caught the mouse.
We ourselves made the meal.
You yourselves can win this game.
I did it myself. OR. I myself did it.
She herself washed the clothes.
He himself decided to go to New York.
She herself told me.
The children got dressed  by themselves
He himself finished the whole job.

I myself didn’t believe anything she said.

thank you for watching
Written And recoreded by tariq aziz (english language online teacher)

No comments:

Post a Comment